Learn how to create a beautiful table runner, featuring new embroidery designs by Gail Pan, a world-renowned embroidery, appliqué and quilt designer from Australia.
Gail will teach you a stress-free transfer method for the design, basic hand embroidery stitches, proper spacing for stitches, beginning and ending designs and more.
Then, Ellen March will take you on a free-motion embroidery journey to recreate Gail's designs by machine.
She'll use the same heavyweight and specialty threads in the machine that Gail uses by hand, making this project kit super versatile.
You'll also learn how to quilt the finished piece by hand and machine; first using Sulky Poly Sparkle Thread for the embroidered blocks, and then using Sulky Filaine Thread for textured borders.
Create either the table runner, featuring all three designs, or a smaller wall hanging, featuring one embroidered block.
The Tinsel & Trimmings digital pattern comes with purchase of the kit and is also sold separately.
Included in the kit curated for this event are several different thread weights and types to embellish the runner using either hand embroidery or free-motion stitching techniques, and construct the runner. The included design collection (delivered as a digital file in your Sulky account after purchase) is easily transferred to the fabric of your choice using the included Sticky Fabri-Solvy Stabilizer. Create a table runner featuring all three designs or a wall hanging featuring one or three designs in the configuration of your choice.
- Tinsel & Trimmings Digital Pattern (delivered as a PDF file after purchase)
- Sticky Fabri-Solvy - 3 sheets
- 2 spools of Cotton Petites - Christmas Red, Bayberry Red
- 2 spools of Poly Sparkle - Light Silver with Tone on Tone Sparkle, Claret with Copper Sparkle
- 1 spool of Filaine Petites - Soft White
- 1 snap spool of 50 wt. Cotton Thread (for construction) - Off white
- Organ Needles - Universal Assortment
Optionally add-on our fabric bundle, containing beautiful fabrics from the NEW Moda Collection, Stitched Christmas, and Michael Miller Vintage Christmas lines. The bundle contains enough fabrics to create the table runner size, with backing, binding, borders and block fabrics all included. (Limited quantities available!)
- Learn hand embroidery transfer & basic stitches from an expert instructor
- Learn freemotion embroidery techniques using heavyweight & specialty threads
- Learn how to work with different thread types & weights to create different special effects
- Learn how to assemble a beautiful table runner that's easily changed to suit the season and/or holiday
- 90 minutes of live-streamed content with a multi-camera set-up to see the sewing demos up close & in real time
- Live Q&A with the Instructor
- 4 Door Prizes to WIN throughout the event
Available on-demand to watch and review at any time.
Go to sewingonline.sulky.com and log in. Go to "My Library" to locate your registered products.