Join us to make the Casey Duffle, designed by Sallie Tomato on Feb 8, 2022 at 2pm ET.
Create a large carryall bag featuring high-end bag finishes, including faux leather handles and base, faux-metal zipper and embellished pockets. With foam interlining for structure and two handle options, this carryall doubles as a travel duffle and is durable enough to withstand heavy use.
With purchase of the event, you'll receive the Floral Foraging embroidery collection by Sulky, valued at $25.94!
Two interior pockets hold essentials while two exterior pockets hold necessities you need to access frequently, such as your phone and keys. The exterior pockets are perfect places for embellishment, to show your personal style and make the bag your own.
Use this duffle-inspired bag as your travel companion, tote your sewing projects on the go, or carry everyday essentials and then some.
This bag is a thoughtful combination of high-end details and a functional design. Made in luxurious Cotton+Steel Canvas, designed by Rifle Paper, with high-quality faux leather accents and faux metal hardware, this luxe bag is sure to be your new favorite.
The finished size is 16” wide, 9" high and 7” deep.
Grab the kit in Gray or Burgundy, or both! Included with the kit materials are five Sulky Poly Deco Thread Colors, to use for construction and optional machine embroidery.
The Casey Duffle Kits include the pattern, exterior and lining fabrics, interlining, interfacing, Sulky stabilizer & threads, hardware and zipper tape.
- Sallie Tomato Casey Pattern ($9.99 value)
Canvas Fabric: Garden Party Juliet Rose by Cotton+Steel (Linen or Burgundy)
Lining Fabric: Solid Taupe or Solid Burgundy Kona Cotton
Contrast: Black Pebble or Cherry Legacy Faux Leather
Casey Hardware Kit: Nickel or Antique
Black Zipper in Nickel or Burgundy Zipper in Antique with (2) Rectangle Pulls
(5) Sulky Poly Deco™ Snap Spools (for construction & optional machine embroidery)
1-yard pack of Sulky Soft 'n Sheer Extra™ Stabilizer
During this Videocast, you'll learn how to embroider the pocket(s) and sub different thread colors for the designs to match your bag perfectly; placement techniques in the hoop; zipper-by-the-yard tips; how to sew faux leather fabric; how to manage bulk; how to construct the bag.
- CREATE a high-end bag that's boutique-worthy
- LEARN how to embellish the outer pockets for the ultimate in personalization
- GET tips for working with hardware for professional polish
- WATCH the instructor take you through the project
WHAT TO EXPECT
- LIVE streaming video
- 90 minutes of content
- Your questions answered in our Live Chat
- Access to the Videocast on demand & all presentation materials in your personal Library
- FREE Floral Foraging Embroidery Designs. These files are free with purchase of the event - a $25.94 value!
Join us for this unique, interactive experience and sew your next favorite bag!