|GOING LIVE: October 19, 2022 at 12pm ET
Can't join live? Access the event on-demand at any time after the live event ends.
Welcome! Your Guild has purchased this 4-hour virtual event for your enjoyment! Register now for access, including everything you need to know to prep for this fun, interactive experience.
- Fill out the form at the right to create a sewingonline.sulky.com account. The email address and password used to register are required to return to the site on the day of the event.
- Once registered, you'll receive an email confirmation from us with more information to prepare you for the event.
- NOTE: This event will be accessible after the live event for streaming anytime!
Sulky educators Ellen March & Eric Drexler will take you through a fun project, teaching you new techniques along the way. Join in the comfort of your own home on a computer, tablet, or phone, ask questions LIVE, and get a virtual goodie bag full of fun surprises.
Lecture: Stabilizer Secrets
First, sewing educator Eric Drexler takes you through Sulky stabilizers in this informative presentation, kicking off the Lounge & Learn virtual event. You'll learn which stabilizers to choose for what projects and how each works to deliver the best sewing experience. Stabilizers aren't just for machine embroidery! Eric will teach you how to enhance lots of sewing projects using stabilizer, including quilts and appliqués, to give everything you create professional polish.
Project: Strap Happy Tote
Next, Ellen March teaches The Strap Happy Tote, which is a roomy canvas tote bag in a nice size for carrying everyday essentials. Use it as an on-the-go project tote, library tote or travel bag. The outer pockets are great for storing your phone or keys for easy retrieval. And the straps are embellished with pretty stitching, making this a unique and personalized bag.
In this interactive event, you'll learn how to create comfy yet decorative straps for the Strap Happy Tote that are easy on the shoulders and easy on the eyes, switching from Sulky 30 wt. Blendables and 30 wt. Poly Sparkle for color and glitz. Want more shimmer? Do all the quilting with Poly Sparkle. Want more color? Use only the Blendables. Or use both for a truly unique bag. You decide what type of quilting to feature, from straight line, matchstick or freemotion - we'll show you all the options!
You'll also learn how to create structure with boxed corners, creating a sturdy, durable bag. Plus, learn professional finishes that take the bag from "homemade" to "hand crafted."
- All-ACCESS TO THE EVENT AFTER THE LIVE EVENT! - Can't Join Live? Watch in the comfort of your own home, at a time that works for you.
- VIRTUAL GOODIE BAG - Special goodies & deals for each attendee.
- BIG TICKET DOOR PRIZES TO WIN items announced LIVE.
All registrants are eligible to WIN the fabulous prizes throughout the event - whether watching live or on-demand!
- LIVE CHAT - Ask our instructors your questions in real-time.
- MEET NEW FRIENDS - Connect with Guilds from across the country & beyond!
- LIVE STREAMING video instruction from Sulky's Eric Drexler & Ellen March.
- 4 HOURS of content - with breaks for LIVE Q&A from the instructors.
- Access to the video and materials ANYTIME after the live event!
A kit isn't required to attend, but we'll have amazing deals on the kit and other featured products that you won't want to miss!
STRAP HAPPY TOTE KIT INCLUDES:
- Strap Happy Tote Pattern - digital PDF
- Outer Fabric - Art Gallery Canvas Print
- Strap/Pocket - Solid Canvas Fabric
- Lining Fabric - Kona Cotton
- Fusible Fleece Interlining
- Soft 'n Sheer™ Extra Stabilizer
- Organ® Needles Eco-Pack: Jeans 90/14
- Construction Thread - Poly Deco™ - 250 yards
- Quilting Thread - 30 wt. Cotton Blendables - 110 yards
- Specialty Thread - 30 wt. Poly Sparkle - 290 yards