Join us for a fun sew-along on New Year's Eve day & make a new bag to wear out that night!
We'll start streaming LIVE at 12pm noon ET. ADJUST FOR YOUR TIME ZONE or join later when the event is available on-demand to watch at your leisure!
Ring in the New Year by making the new Aurora pattern by Sallie Tomato. Join fellow sewists from around the globe to learn new techniques, make a bag from start to finish, and celebrate that start of 2022 together.
This is a 4-hour streaming event with virtual instruction presented with multiple camera angles so you can see the sewing up close.
DOOR PRIZES TO WIN
ALL registrants (whether viewing live or on-demand) are eligible to win awesome Door Prizes during the event.
With more than $2000 in prizes, your entry fee is like a lottery ticket!
YOUR COVER CHARGE INCLUDES
- Entry into the event, where you'll watch and work through the Aurora bag pattern with the pattern designer herself.
- The BRAND NEW Aurora digital bag pattern, designed by Jessica Barrera of Sallie Tomato. Valued at $9.99!
- An in-the-hoop patch machine embroidery design collection, featuring 3 fun sewing sayings. The Sewist Patches Collection by Sulky is valued at $9.99!
- Access to the exclusive Aurora Kit from Sallie Tomato, with two color options to choose from and optional machine embroidery supplies to make your own patch.
- Entry into our Door Prize drawings, with the chance to WIN up to $2000 in prizes!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Sulky's Ellen March will begin by teaching you how to make a freestanding patch in the hoop of your embroidery machine. Choose from one of the patch designs included in the Sewist Patches Collection or make all three!
Don't have an embroidery machine? "Basic" Aurora kits include a premade patch so you can use it to embellish your bag if you don't have an embroidery machine.
Decide where to attach your finished patch (using Sulky Invisible Thread) as you work your way through the bag construction next.
Jessica Barrera will take over and show how the Aurora bag comes together, taking you through the construction steps for the rest of the afternoon.
After the event, we'll show off our finished bags and have the rest of the afternoon to prep for more NYE festivities!
Relax and get comfy in your pajamas or come as you are! Post pics to social media throughout the day, using #nyesewalong2021 #sallietomato #aurorabag #sewbetterwithsulky