Join us for the virtual party of the century!
Ring in the New Year by making a brand new, exclusive Zelda bag by Sallie Tomato with sewists from around the world. We'll join each other virtually to learn new techniques, make a bag from start to finish, and celebrate together.
This four-hour streaming event begins at 8pm EST, with a countdown to 2021 at midnight!
YOU COULD WIN
ALL registrants (whether viewing live or on-demand) are eligible to win one of FOUR Door Prizes during the event! One prize will be announced each hour, with a final grand prize at midnight.
- Stabilizer Assortment from Sulky of America, valued at $69.99
- Cutting Assortment from Havel's Sewing & Fat Quarter Bundle from Cotton+Steel, valued at $213.50
- Sallie Tomato Hardware Assortment, valued at $119.99
- GRAND PRIZE: Husqvarna Viking Amber Air S 400 serger, valued at $1799
YOUR COVER CHARGE INCLUDES
- Entry into the event Viewing Party, where you'll work through the Zelda bag pattern with like-minded sewists.
- The BRAND NEW Zelda digital bag pattern, designed by Jessica Barrera of Sallie Tomato. Valued at $9.99!
- An exclusive machine embroidery design collection, with motifs from the Marbella Cotton+Steel fabric line designed by Tània Garcia. Valued at $16!
- Five hand embroidery patterns to print onto Sulky Stick 'n Stitch stabilizer, to transfer the designs to your bag pieces. Valued at $11!
- Access to the exclusive precut Zelda Kit, with two color options to choose from and either hand or machine embroidery supplies. (Kit not required to attend but highly encouraged.)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Sulky's Ellen March will begin by teaching machine embroidery techniques to embellish your bag with pretty designs featured on the lining fabric.
Don't have an embroidery machine? Ellen will also teach handwork techniques if hand embroidery is your jam.
Jessica Barrera will take over and show how the Zelda bag comes together, taking you through the construction steps throughout the evening.
Dress for the roaring 20s theme as we work through the Zelda bag! Post pics to social media throughout the night, using #nyesewalong2020!
Can't join live? You can watch at any time after the live event begins. To participate in the Live Chat, you must attend LIVE; however the event will be on demand after that time to watch again and again. And the instructors are just an email away to answer any questions you may have after the event.