Lounge & learn with us March 9, 2021 at 2pm EST to learn how to make the exclusive Bonnie Bag, designed by Sallie Tomato for Sulky.
With purchase of the event, you'll receive the NEW Boho Floral embroidery collection by Sulky, including both hand and machine embroidery formats. A $24.98 VALUE!
The name and design of this bag pattern was inspired by Faye Dunaway and the film, Bonnie and Clyde.
The bag features two exterior zipper pockets, two interior pockets, purse feet and a magnet closure to keep the contents safe and secure. You'll learn how to add these professional finishes and apply those techniques to bags of all kinds.
Choose from hand embroidery or machine embroidery to embellish your bag with beautiful floral designs, made specifically to perfectly fit the bag dimensions. Add the designs to the bag sides or pockets, or both!
The cork fabric, fleece interlining, high-quality hardware and thread work take this tote to runway-worthy status.
The finished size is 21” wide, 13" high and 6” deep.
The Boho Bonnie Bag kit includes the exterior and lining fabrics, interlining, interfacing, Sulky stabilizer & threads, nickel hardware and zipper tape to create 3 zippers.
Also included is the NEW exclusive Bonnie Bag pattern, delivered as a digital file with kit purchase. The bag kit retails for upwards of $125 but we're offering it at a special price of $79.99 until 3/10/21. You'll get:
- Sallie Tomato Bonnie Bag Pattern ($9.99 value)
- 6 spools of Sulky Thread (Cotton Petites™ for hand embroidery or 30 wt. Cotton for machine embroidery)
- 1 spool of Sulky Poly Deco™ Thread (for construction)
- Sulky Stabilizer (Stick 'n Stitch™ for hand embroidery or 1-yard pack of Stiffy™ stabilizer for machine embroidery)
- Sand Beige Big Sur Canvas
- White Tonal Cotton Lining Fabric
- Cork Fabric (various color options)
- Fleece Interlining
- Craf-tex Lite (Heavy Stabilizer)
- Fusible Interfacing
- 1/2” Dome Purse Feet
- Invisible Bar Magnetic Snap
- Beige Nickel Zipper Tape with (1) Donut Pull & (2) Rectangle Pulls
Grab the kit at this special price while supplies last. You don't need to have it during the Videocast! We'll also have lots more product specials on the day of the Videocast you won't want to miss!
This is a live-streaming video event, with instructor Ellen March. You'll watch the Bonnie Bag come together with sewists from all over the world. During this interactive experience, we encourage you to participate in the Live Chat, ask your questions and have fun!
CAN'T MAKE IT LIVE?
Don't worry if you can't make it live. You can access the event at any time after the live broadcast and all the materials will be stored in your Library for future reference.
However, only LIVE attendees can participate in the Live Chat. Everyone is eligible to win Door Prizes, whether you watch live or on demand! There are 4 chances to win BIG prizes!
Learn hand embroidery techniques:
- Easy & fun embroidery transfer methods
- Hand embroidery stitches to master
- Thread vs floss for handwork
Learn machine embroidery techniques:
- Thread type & needle selection
- Choosing the right stabilizer
- Perfect design placement
- Stabilizer removal & design finishing
Bag construction overview:
- Thread type & needle selection
- Zipper tips & pocket pointers
- Sewing cork fabric
- Managing bulky seams
- CREATE a high-end bag that's boutique-worthy
- LEARN how to embroider by hand or machine
- GET tips for hardware finishes
- WATCH the instructor take you through the project
- ASK your questions & meet new friends
WHAT TO EXPECT
- LIVE streaming video explaining both hand and machine embroidery techniques in detail as well as bag construction tips, tricks & techniques
- 90 minutes of content
- Your questions answered in our Live Chat
- Webinar Specials & 4 BIG Door Prizes to WIN
- Access to the Videocast on demand & all presentation materials in your personal Library
- FREE Boho Floral Embroidery Designs, including both hand embroidery and machine embroidery files for you to choose from. These files are free with purchase of the event - a $24.98 value!
REGISTER TODAY & JOIN US LIVE ON 3/9/21 at 2pm EST!