Have a handmade happy hour with Cathie Filian, cathiefilian.com
Cathie Filian has always been crafty. She began sewing at age 8, making jewelry with paper clips by 9 and by high school making almost all her own clothing, including party dresses. She studied Textile Science and Design at The Ohio State University and spent the early part of her career in the Fashion Industry.
Cathie spent 10 years working behind the scenes as a stylist on Hollywood films before she moved to the other side of the camera. She worked on films such as Rushmore, Twister, Heartbreakers, Bottle Rocket, and Vanilla Sky during her 10 years as a stylist. She was the Co-Producer, Co-Host and Co-Designer on HGTV’s Creative Juice and DIY Network’s Halloween Witch Crafts, both Emmy Nominated shows. She also produced on TLC’s Craft Wars.
Recently, Cathie co-invented the Mod Melter and she has a line of products for Mod Podge that are sold in major craft retailers across America, Canada and internationally. Her embroidery kits are available at all Walmart stores in the USA.
Listen as Cathie shares why she sews, a hobby that shaped her life and career.
- Watch Cathie have fun with Sulky Stick 'n Carve as she creates fun Halloween pumpkins: https://youtu.be/QlFRQjkJ_J0
- Grab Stick 'n Carve sheets here: https://sulky.com/stick-n-carve-valuepack-10-sheets
- Find more info on Cathie here: https://www.cathiefilian.com
- Handmade Happy Hour with Cathie Filian and Steve Pizcenza: https://www.facebook.com/cathiefilianstevepiacenza
- Cathie and Steve's Handmade Happy Hour: https://www.youtube.com/c/handmadehappyhour
- Follow Cathie on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cathiefilian/